Atomic dermatitis, more commonly known as eczema, is a common skin problem among both children and adults. It is seen in patches of extremely dry skin where rashes and flakes may show up. Most home remedies cannot rid you entirely of eczema, but there are ways to help lessen the affects of eczema through lifestyle and diet changes. You can also use some natural remedies and simple ideas to help fight the affects of eczema.
1. One of the most simple, yet often hard to do, is the avoid scratching the affected area. Even though it may be itchy and therefore a tendency to scratch, doing so will only add to the flare up.
2. Another idea it to change to wearing cotton undergarments and clothes. Synthetic fabrics can rub and contribute to the rashes, but cotton being a natural product will allow your body to breathe. Cotton will also absorb sweat, so that it does not stay on your skin can cause irritation.
3. If you live in a dry climate, that can affect your skin, causing it to dry out which often leads to rashes and itching. If you live in an area like this, use extra moisturizers and natural lotions.
4. Another thing to look into is the foods you are eating. Often things in someone’s diet can contribute to eczema outbreaks. Things like wheat/gluten, milk, nuts, citrus, and fish are a few of the items that cause skin problems for many people. Watch your diet and if you have flare ups after eating one of these or something else, try eliminating it from what you eat and see if that helps.
5. Finally, you may need to see if you are allergic to anything. You skin could have problems due to exposure to certain kinds of deodorants, lotions and soaps or from dust particles. It will be beneficial to find out what you might be allergic to and avoid those to help combat the Eczema.
All these ideas can help in cutting back or eliminating eczema. But there is a proven, natural way to help you clear up eczema in 2 weeks.